Solina acquires Rich Sauces to strengthen unique sauce footprint in Europe

July 11 12:42 2024
Solina acquires Rich Sauces to strengthen unique sauce footprint in Europe

France – 11 July, 2024 – Solina, a prominent global player in the food industry specializing in savoury food solutions, is pleased to announce the acquisition of Rich Sauces, a UK-based expert in sauces.

This strategic initiative strengthens Solina’s leadership in the European sauce market and marks a significant milestone in the company’s ongoing growth journey.

Supplying the UK, Ireland, and beyond for over 35 years and having grown consistently, Rich Sauces has established itself as an industry-leading, service-driven partner in the Irish foodservice sector. The company offers innovative and premium sauce solutions such as classic mayonnaise, flavoured mayonnaises, dressings, sauces, and bouillons.

Approximately 75% of the business is conducted in the foodservice sector and is driven by its two renowned brands, Rich Sauces and Alfee’s. The remaining 25% involves private label products for food manufacturers and retailers. All operations are run from its production plant in Newtownards, Northern Ireland.

Trevor Kells and Michael Haddock, former owners, added: “Rich Sauces focuses on quality, innovation, and service. We believe Solina is the perfect partner to enhance our solutions, and we look forward to collaborating with their foodservice entities across Europe and North America.”

John Glover, Managing Director, added: “We are excited to join Solina, whose expertise will help us build on our growth and improve our customer offering. We look forward to working with the Solina teams.”

Commenting on the acquisition, Anthony Francheterre, CEO of Solina, expressed his enthusiasm, stating, “Acquiring Rich Sauces further consolidates our unique sauce footprint in Europe and strengthens our leading position in the foodservice sector. I am particularly impressed by Rich Sauces’ uncompromising approach to quality in every aspect of their products and services. I am confident that the synergies with our legacy foodservice division will deliver substantial value to our customers.”

Press enquiries: [email protected]

Media Contact
Company Name: Solina
Contact Person: Media Relations
Email: Send Email
Country: France